What is hunger?
According to Wikipedia, the feeling of wanting to eat is defined as hunger. The principal cause of hunger is poverty.
Hunger is very uncomfortable and so many people around the world go hungry for days without food or access to water. With no access to food, people go for days without eating!
Those that live in poverty live in environments that are unsafe. They lack access to good food, clean drinking water, sanitation, healthcare and education.
The United Nations defines hunger as periods when people have severe food insecurity. This happens due to so many reasons including lack of money and other resources.
How We Fight Poverty
Mannahelp with your generous donation, provides families in need with basic necessities through our “End Hunger Program” free. Some necessities we provide include:
- Breakfast food (cereal, jam, pancake mx and syrup)
- Healthy snacks (fruit cups, crackers, granola, juice boxes)
- Vegetables and fruits (pasta sauce, fruit cocktail, canned vegetables)
- Canned Protein (tuna, peanut butter)
- Hygiene items: (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, deodorant, toiletries)
Join Mannahelp to end hunger & provide for the needy
Poverty can impact a child’s ability to do well at school and it may affect the child right into adulthood! Factors including hunger, being bullied, or changing schools frequently can reduce school readiness.